Subject: RE: I hope you are right, Jim! I hope so too!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:53:17 -0700

At 03:38 PM 4/17/97 -0400, Jorg Willems wrote:
>Faith has little to do with this.
>At 03:42 PM 4/28/97 +0100, Martin Omlin wrote:
>>If you don't believe Jim, you may read the information at
>>
>>www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

The bottom line is... we all continue to use our computers on-line. We
receive e-mail, web pages, Word documents, Spreadsheets, etc. The potential
exists for MACROS in word processing or spreadsheet files to execute code
that damages your system. Web pages can have Java or ActivX routines that
cause damage. Downloading program updates or games can cause problems.
Simply reading e-mail TEXT as of yet, is very safe. You will not be able to
defend against someone who has a vendetta against network users. The ONLY
protection is to BACK-UP REGULARLY on to tape (or whatever you want.) The
Symantic web site is very good. Symantic is a very reputable company.

Jim