Subject: Re: Toners and Leica Glow
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:36:59 -0400

>Well, it is OK to ask if you don't know, but chuckling and using irony when
>you have no idea about what you are talking about, is a sign of weakness.

Seems more like a sign of good humor and intelligence to me!

>Chuckling over Contax T2/TVS is not very wise. You should remember that
>these cameras have excellent Carl Zeiss Sonnar lenses, designed by Zeiss
>Oberkochen and made from Schott optical glass.
>
>I have been using a lot of different cameras in my life, both M-Leicas,
>Contax Ts, Zeiss Ikons, Voigtlanders, Rolleis, Nikons, Hasselblads, Linhofs
>etc. Believe me, I have found the "glow" in all these cameras. MF and LF
>cameras have much of it, of course. I have heard Leica users in LF
>exhibitions talking about that great "Leica glow". Leica is very good, but
>it might leave you blind...

The "glow" in the TVS is actually the rather severe vignetting that occurs
at the 28mm end of the zoom. (chuckle)

PS-I use a TVS sometimes too and for many things it works well.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>