Subject: Re: M6 versions
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 05:10:51 -0400

Paul wrote :

<I recently saw an M6 which had only a large "M6" and red logo dot on the
<front plate, kind of like the markings on the R cameras, not the smaller,
<stacked "Leica M6" that I think of as normal.

<What is this? Is this a new camera, an old camera, or one of the special
<editions, and is there anything different about it other than the
<markings? I didn't get a good look at it.

This is the M6 made at the time "Leitz Wetzlar" was changed in "LEICA
CAMERA" Solms around Photokina 1988. In the M6 catalogue of that year,  the
drawing of the inside of the camera was with that design. Those cameras are
not common.

Lucien
BELGIUM