Subject: Re: LUG via Mac's and Windows...PLEASE
From: "Roger Suppona" <suppona@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:45:27 +0000

I don't remember the nuts and bolts of it, but it's not the sender
sending stuff like =20, it's their mailer.  What you're seeing
is character substitution "=20" means "There's supposed to be a space
here, I can't do that, so I'll represent it with its hex value (20)."

Sometimes you'll see equal signs without hex values splattered
throughout a message.  That's a good indication the message was
created with word processing software and pasted into the mailer's
composing tool.  Looks real nice in the mailer, but the lines don't
really fit the mailer's margins.  Lines that are supposed to break at
79 characters don't.  The mailer breaks them and places an equal sign
to indicate where the author wanted the line to break.

Ain't technology great!

Roger