Subject: Inappropriate Language -Reply
From: Greg Reddick <greg.reddick@tmhe.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:46:01 -0500

Have any of you tried the deer whistles that attach to the bumper . They
emit a high pitched note that warns deer away. Some say they work
well. Beats the h--- out of killing them all. greg

At 04:25 PM 4/10/97 EDT, Thomas P Myro wrote:

>Dr Clompus is more accurate than most of you can believe.  It is not
>uncommon to see whitetails wandering the streets of larger cities like
>Reading and Allentown.  It is substantially less uncommon to see them
in
>more rural areas.  I'm only driving for the last 12 years, but have hit
>and killed 5 deer.  Unfortunately, this has also killed 3 cars.
>
>My wife doesn't approve of hunting, so I don't do it anymore, but if any
>of you want to come to PA to kill a few deer, I will be greatly
>appreciative.
>
>I can't seem to find anything in the PA Game Hunting rulebook that
>prohibits the use of small nuclear weapons, or large ones for that
>matter.  I would imagine the "no firing zone" around houses and
buildings
>would have to be increased.
>
>The 3rd deer I hit made me temporarily mad.  I'm not sure if the car
>killed it, or my kicking the #@#%$^$# thing.  Try hitting a 175 lb animal
>on I81 or I84 sometime.  The new 65mph speed limit makes it even more
>fun.
>
>KILL THEM ALL!!!!!

This is gross and grotesque.  We have lots of deer here in Western
Virginia.  I've hit a few.  I hit a few when I lived in California.

But having such an unfortunate occurrence has never made me feel any
desire to extirpate an entire species.  We are doing enough of this
inadvertently
- -- surely we don't need to wish to 'KILL THEM ALL'.  This is, simply put,
disgusting talk.

I really doubt that the deer were setting out, Mr Myro, to destroy your
cars at the cost of their own lives.  Let's not be foolish.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!