Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Apr 97 00:14:04 EDT

Fred Ward wrote:

<<<Since Leicas are perfect for comet photography, I think we really can do
better than the messages this week on the subject. >>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<Fun is fun, but when people are asking for serious answers about how to get
pictures of the comet of the century, it really is useless to offer nothing but
jokes and trash.>>>>>>

Hey Fred,
Lighten up baby, we are serious and there was some interesting information in
here, and I as others did, we learned something! I something I'd never tried nor
concerned myself with in shooting over 45 years.

Hell these guys got me out to try and shoot it and I did it my way and learned
that my 800 Leitz lens didn't give me what I thought it should.  What I did find
out from some of the comments was that I should have worked with a shorter lens.

Come on,  so it's the biggest thing since sliced bread, it isn't that big a deal
to make unkind re-marks to a bunch of people who are just like you, dedicated
photographers who see a bit of humour in life.

Relax my friend lifes too short. Thanks for the information you posted and if
I'm not too late I'll have another go at the comet. And like I said, if I missed
it, Why hell I'll just wait around for the "second coming!" :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant