Subject: Re: Fwd: Favorite Film/Developer/Paper Combinations???
From: eenitka@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 12:20:08 -0800

Stephen:
I don't know the proper way to make this decision but I do know the wrong way because
I am doing it now!?  I see someone's formula ( T Max with D-76) try that for two rolls
and then switch film and/or developer for the next two rolls.  Guess what?  I have no
idea what combo is best.  I'm having a great time trying all these new developers and
the only thing that I know is that I end up liking every combo and not knowing why one
is better than another.  I failed to heed the warning of a sage photographer who said
stick with a combo for at least 3-4 months then switch.  Currently I am using T max
developer if I am in a hurry and Xtol if I have more time ( helluva a way to decide).
 I don't like T max film because it 'beats' the hell out of my fixer ( another
pathetic way to decide which is best).  Oh and just to confuse things I got three
rolls each the other day of Agfa 25, High Speed Infrared and Pan 50.  In about a month
I will probably end up where I started a year ago which was TriX and HC110 Dil B!
Good luck and tell us what you settled on.

Ernie Nitka
(BTW can beer be used as a developer as I lots of that at home)