Subject: 90cl
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:22:27 +1000

G'day Frederic,

I had trouble typing your whole name. Most Australians would have shortened
you to Fred before your e-Mail had downloaded, but I've become wary of the
"sensitivity" of this group ;-) I have a 90 Elmar C for the Leica CL and
the Minolta 90M for the Minolta CLE. They have different cam angles on the
focus ring, the Minolta version being more like the M series Leica lenses
and the Elmar C being "steeper" I think. None the less, both seem to focus
on the M3, M6 and the CLE and all photographs I've taken with the Elmar C
and the M6 have been as sharp as I could have expected. Its a great lens
because it is so compact. I do not own another Leica 90 but all options
[bar perhaps the collapsible] seem very bulky in comparison. Most reports
on this group have claimed the Elmar C will work perfectly on an M6 despite
the reservations of Leica itself!

Hope this helps

Alastair Firkin