Subject: Adapters
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:22:44 +1000

>From: dseppels@MIT.EDU
>Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:43:10 EST
>Subject: Re: R to M adapters

>Hi:

>I currently have Leica R to
>Leica M adapters. They are
>not cheap but are very well
>made. They cost $250 delivered.

>Yours,

>Daniel Eppelsheimer
>dseppels@mit.edu

I know this is a stupid question, but could you please tell me exactly what
one can do with this adapter. ie, am I right to think it allows one to use
R lenses on M cameras? Does it link the cams to give rangefinder focus and
which cam lenses can it use? I do not have R lenses, but they are often
available second hand and the wide angle optics are often cheaper than a
second hand M lens, so perhaps there is an option of combining the systems
at at least one end of the "scale" should I decide to trade in the Minolta
SLR gear for a Leica system.

Thank you

Alastair Firkin