Subject: Series VII filters & 21mm Super Angulon (M)
From: uskanb2n@ibmmail.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:55:53 EST

      Recently I was trying to come up with one standard set of filters
for B&W photography with my M system.
      The lens shades for the 50 & 35mm Sumiluxes hold series VII
filters, So series VII suggested itself as a prime candidate. An adapter
for the 48mm threads on my old 90mm Sumichron is easy enough. That left
the 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon (chrome). Much to my amazement the series
VII filters fit inside the lens hood with just enough clearance to not
be too dificult to install and, when mounted on the lens to not rattle
around. The only fly in the ointment seems to be the lack of a retainer,
so the filter can fall out when you remove the shade...
      Is there anything I overlooked? The clear diameter of the filter
is greater than the opening of the hood, and the hood seats solidly
in its mounting groove so...