Subject: Re: Leica Alternatives--Fogging
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 11:13:44 -0500

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I worked a show yesterday.  I carry a Zeiss
Mini-Quik and flashlight as does Chatterton or any other purveyor of fine
optics.

The coatings used by Leitz to the late 1950's were moist and have often
dried in strange patterns.  Beyond that, the lenses are no more subject to
'fogging' than are the lenses of any other manufacturer.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315