Subject: Re: R8's Multi-Pattern Metering
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:35:51 -0500 (EST)

I am on a list waiting for an R8(after buying a R7 on a special, only to find
out why 2 weeks later, but that's another story..).....While I have been
waiting, I had a long look at the F5 and its "1005 Pixel 3D color matirx
meter". Excuse any possible heresey but ---..Any thoughts on the F5's meter
vs the  R8's?? or the advantages of one or the other?  I do have three Leica
lenses, a SL and SL2(which I would never part with) to add to the
equation.... and now a lower price on the M6?
I really do not need autofocus or a 8FPS motor but then you get
autobracketing, which I would like, and requires the motor for the R8(more
money and worse, weight) I just held a R8 for the first time and it's size
was a shock and it didn't seem to fit my hand  with the large trapazoid
 thing on the right, but it also had the new 70-200 zoom which could have
skewed my perception.....
Any thoughts on the comparative merits on these three great but diffferent
models would be appreciated.

chip