Subject: Re: Leica Akadamie
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 22:56:17 -0600

Frank Filippone wrote:

> Colin, thank you for the comments...Maybe some comments on the
> appropriateness of the seminar for us users rather than the dealer angle.
>
> For those interested, there is an English Leica Akadamie being offered the
> second and third weeks of June.
> It costs about $800 including full room and board.  Airplane is extra.
>
> Thank You
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@worldnet.att.net

Frank,

The session I went to was for dealers only, but it was really just a
technical training, nothing really for marketing.  I'm not familiar with
what they offer currently, but I believe they have more specialized
classes in German on a regular basis; topics such as Flash, Macro,
Wildlife etc.  The English classes I would expect to be of a more
general nature, there being only two of them a year.  I would definitely
recommend going.  Make it into a nice vacation.

There was some talk a couple years ago about having an Academy here in
the U.S.--in New York I think.  I haven't heard if that ever got off the
ground.  Has anyone heard?

Colin