Subject: Another Luis Casteneda Announcement
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 20:32:11 -0800

LUGnuts:

Just got confirmation of airline tickets today for Luis Casteneda,
Miami-based travel strock photographer, to give lectures in Denver and
San Diego.  He will be in Denver on Tuesday March 25 and San Diego on
March 26th.

In case you didn't get an earlier post, Luis has been using Leicas for
30 years, has traveled to 80 countries and has submitted over 180,000
images to Images Bank.

He will be showing his work and discussing the business and experience
of travel stock.  Luis has publishes several book (in Spanish) and had
numberous exhibitions.  He also does all his own processing and
printing-- E6, C41, BW.  He is also shooting brochure images for Leica
Germany and has recently conducted workshops (in German!) in the Bahamas
and Indonesia.

The lectures are sponsored by both Leica and Fuji (without whose
generous support this would not happen).

For information on the Denver appearance, please call Michael Lichter,
co-president of ASMP/CO at 303/449-3906.

For information on the San Diego appearance you can call me at
619/230-1750 or Email, of course.  After March 20th, please call Sue
Muniak at 619 688-0914 (and be prepared to answer why you are not
already a member).

In SD, we usually open doors at 6:30, the lecture starts a little after
7.  And there will be ample food and drink.   $15 non-members, $5
students.  Please reserve.  Four Points Hotel on Aero Dr. @ Kearney
Villa Road.

After all the work of setting this up, I'm going to be on assignment
shooting more boats on Lake Pleasant, north of Phoenix.  But should be
back the day after the lecture and will get to taxi Luis around the Wild
Animal Park and Zoo and other places and pick his brain about Leica and
travel stock.

Hope some of you can make it (so you can ask him for insider
informations about what in the offing at Leica).

Donal Philby
San Diego