Subject: Re: Re: 70-180mm 2,8 + polarising or uv filter
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:40:00 -0800

>Are you using your Apo 70-180mmm with a polarising filter or a UV filter ?
>I'm asking because the filter size is so wide (77mm), and knowing the
price of
>Leica's filter...
>
>Lucien,
>:-')

I use a 77mm Leitz polarizer (I already had it for my 350) and B+W for
warming etc. You cannot use a Cokin-P 77mm adapter for ND grads or other
large square or rectangular filters. The 77mm threads are too short for the
70-180 lens. You have to use the Hi-Tech filter holder, distributed by
Visual Departures.

Jim