Subject: Re: Leica Cable Release
From: "Juan F. Sanz Cervera" <Juan.F.Sanz@uv.es>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:58:31 +0100

Richard Clompus wrote:
[...]
>I just got a real Leica cable release from Eric Bohman at Tamarkin in New
>York.  I thought I had good cable releases before - but this one is better.
> It is smooth, without backlash and has a locking screw to keep the shutter
>open when on B (Bulb).
[...]
>Now I will no longer have to impale my M6 with a generic cable release.
>And when I am too old to photograph, my kids will either continue to use it
>or sell it for their inheritance.

Of course, there are cheap cable releases and there are good, more expensive
ones. However, a good cable release doesn't need to be made by Leica
(actually, I would be surprised if Leica manufactures them: they may buy the
production from another quality manufacturer). For instance, Prontor makes
outstanding cable releases, quite likely cheaper (in price, not quality)
than Leica. Are Leica cable releases made by Prontor? (just my speculation
here :-)

Regards,

     - Juan