Subject: Re: let's argue about religion
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:57:27 -0800

Jack,

Wonderful.  My side still hurts from laughing.  To expand your metaphor:

DOS is for the Calvinists and the Penitentes (excellent for self
flagilation).  Windows 3.1 is for the Protestants most comfortable
surrounded by like minded people.  Win95 is for Millenium Convergence
Aquarians who really think things are going to get better.  Mac is for
the Taoists who flow with the stream (while often bumping along the
rocks on the bottom).  The Catholics are still using a mainframe with
dumb terminals, except for the Jesuits, who all have Sun and Unix and
Web sites.  The Hindus worship so many systems they spend their days
using conversion programs and reading manuals knowing that seeming
compatibility problems are simply Maya, except the yogis, who spend
their days testing the flexibility of the wiring.  The Budhists, of
course, sit under a directory tree waiting for enlightenment.

And yes, I use a Mac and study Chinese martial arts (Hsing-I, Bagua, and
Tai-chi) and Celtic mysticism while using an M2 and N90s and searching
(I live in California after all) for the right therapist to make
everything better.

Donal Philby
San Diego