Subject: Re: Cleaning chromium bodies
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:29:20 -0600

Claes Bjerner wrote:
>=20
> How do one remove residues of old sticky tapes on chrome bodies - witho=
ut causing too much damage? My M6 manual recommends "a soft cloth complet=
ely free from foreign matter", but I=B4m afraid it takes at least a littl=
e bit of foreign matter to make my dirty M3s nice and shiny.
>=20
> Claes

Claes,

To remove tape residue lighter fluid or Naptha works well and doesn't
hurt chrome.  It may remove the paint in the engraving though, which is
easily replaced.  I haven't had to test this on black chrome yet,

Colin