Subject: Re: You guys need to switch to decaf!!
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 14:19:23 -0400

At 10:53 AM 3/9/97, Donal Philby wrote:

>Ben, are you nuts?  A black darkroom?  I had to work in one once on a
>small newspaper and it was awful.
>
>If you have a light tight room, you shouldn't need it black.

I have to agree with Donal...

Black absolutely SUCKS as a darkroom color.

Keep them white... so the safelights bounce around, and you don't trip over
anything... and can wipe up a spill without "white light" on... except, if
you have a "loose" enlarger, like I do (light spills out above and below
the carrier), in which case a black patch, just behind the enlarger will
do.

Black is **GLOOMY** and will have a negative effect on your emotional
state, while you're in there, trying to enjoy yourself.

I sneeze, when I go either in, or out, of a dark darkroom, BTW... many
people do. It's some aincient instinctual thing, in the Hypothalamus...

                                                Greg.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk
                                              409 Central St, Saugus, MA 01906
                                              617-941-8030 * 617-362-7417 page