Subject: Re: 90mm f2 for Leica M
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:23:47 +0000

Peter Jon White wrote:

>My Tele Elmarit is tiny, only slightly larger than the 50 Summicron.

I have both and use both.

The 90/2 is a great lens, as is the Tele Elmarit.

I never find the weight of the former a problem, providing you observe the
rule of thumb about hand-held shutter-speed - i.e. if you're using a 90,
then the minimum shutter speed should be 1/90 or higher. In fact you could
argue that the extra inertia makes for a steadier picture.

In terms of results, I prefer the 90/2 marginally.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
The Brambles