Subject: Re: Tele-Elmarit 90mm
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 12:59:28 -0700

Richard,

I agree with you on the weight of the travel kit. Laney recommends a
combination of 35 and 90mm lenses. I carry those coupled together using the
coupling ring.

BTW, be careful when using the coupling ring. It is not deep enough and this
may lead to element damage when using lenses such as 28 and 21mm.

I used to have the new 90mm, but sold it because of its size. However, I
have to admit that its imaging performance was phenomenal.

Incidentally, do any of you use the older 90mm Elmarit. I always wanted to
have one for use on Bellows II, but could not justify paying the price. I
don't understand why there is so much collector demand for this lens. I
understand that its performance is not phenomenal.

Best of Light,

Chris