Subject: Re: Tele-Elmarit 90mm Germany
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Mar 97 07:01:34 EST

C.M. Fortunko wrote:

<I recently saw a Tele-Elmarit 90mm, but it was made in Germany. I always
<thought that these lenses were made in Canada. Can anyone shed some light on
<this?

Mine is also made in Germany (nr 3.430.5xx = 1987). During the last(1 or 2)
years of is life, after Leica had sell the Midland plant to Hughes, Leica moved
the construction of that lense, and almost all of the others, to Germany.
This is not true for the Noctilux, the Summicron-M 90mmm (even the chrome
version) and the Apo-Telyt-R 180mm 3,4, who are still made by Hughes, to best of
my knowledge.

See also Lager II regarding Tele-Elmarit M.

<Can you comment on the optical qualities of this lens relative to the
<most-recent Elmarit?

Elmarit is better, but bigger.

Lucien