Subject: Re:Super Angulon 3.4 21mm
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Mar 97 16:14:08 EST

Mark Axness wrote:

<About 20 years ago I bought a new 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon-M that I found
<to be absolutely tack sharp.  Needing money for college, I sold the lens
<(as well as all my other Leica stuff...sob).  Now I'm in the market for
<another 21mm lens.  Is the 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit up to the same optical qaulity?
 <I'm not concerned re: Super Angulon inability to meter with an M-6.

In the center of the image : no !

<I'm interested in getting a winder to fit my M-6 and M4-P.  I've heard a
<lot about the winders available and most of the comments have not been
<favorable.  Can anyone enlighten me re: the winders in general as well as
<specific complaints re:jamming, noise and tremendous torque (jerking)
<when using these winders.

A repairman told me once, that the M-winder is not good for the camera, because
the connections have been added afterwards with the result that the winder is
working against the natural (!!) movement of the camera before the end of the
cycle. I that true ?

Lucien