Subject: Re: Did my text attachment hurt anybody?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 09:24:11 -0800

At 11:28 PM 2/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>At 07:34 AM 3/1/97 +0100, you wrote:
>>So I consider my message and its attachment to be of interest to a
>potential big part of the group, and though I don=B4t think I=B4ll feel the
>need of doing it again, but if I do I will.
>>
>>Unless of course a BIG PART of the group finds it annoying, and expresses
>so PUBLICLY.
>>
>>Sorry for the inconveniences.
>>
>Nicholas---
>	It's really not good form to send unsolicited attachments with e-mail.
>They can, and do, overload some people's mail systems. Also, attachments
>have recently become popular as means of transmitting computer viruses,
>particularly the so-called "macro" viruses that come in disguised as
>documents in Word format. Which is why I deleted yours without even opening
>it. I run a pretty solid anti-virus program on my machine, but who needs
>the agro, eh?
>
>Chuck Albertson
>Seattle, Wash.

I use Eudora which is nice enough to put attachments into a separate file.
There is an indicator by the mail message that indicates that there is an
attachment. I went to the Eudora Attachment folder and saw that it was a
Word "DOC" file. I opened it with "Quick View" which will view it but not
run any macros. Since it didn't have any macros, I opened it in Word (Quick
View will do this for you directly) and printed it. Thanks for the
attachment. I enjoyed it.

Jim