Subject: RE: Leica CL
From: "Seto, Calvin" <cys50@toraag.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 12:18:27 -0500

CL has 40, 50, and 90mm framelines built-in.  35mm is approximately the
full view of the viewfinder.  A good used one (exec++) can be found for
around US$400, which is 50% or less than any of the M cameras in similar
condition.  By all accounts, its built-in meter is very accurate and it
is very compact and light, making it a perfect travel camera with the
35mm and 50mm lenses you mentioned.  But comparing to its M cousins, it
is not as robustly built IMHO -- it feels a bit flimsy and many of the
used samples I've seen have a ding or two on the top plate.

As for service work, I know at least Kindermann Canada, the official
Leica distributor and service in Canada, still offers full service on
the CL.

Hope this helps.

Calvin Seto
Toronto, Canada