Subject: Re: stealth bags
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:22:17 -0700 (MST)

>bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes) wrote:
>> I figure the uglier the bag the less conspicuous it is.  I've taken to
>> drawing flowers and such on the tan canvas parts of my camera bag just
>> to make it less attractive.
>
>What I've figured out for the next one is: a
>polythene child's lunchbox with My Little Pony motifs on it.

This reminds me, when I was younger and working for Drexel Burnham, I used
to ride the Hyde Street cable car to work. I had been collecting lunchboxes
for some years and had a few that I would carry my lunch in from time to
time. One day I was sitting next to an older woman who noticed my Wagon
Train box and gave me a snide look. "And what do you do?", she asked me. "I
sell junk bonds.", I said. "Well, I would NEVER do business with a broker
who carries a lunch box.", came her answer. I leaned over to her, getting as
close as I could and replied in the softest whisper I could manage, "It's
full of cash.". She was not amused.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO