Subject: Re: Do you use filters?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:04:33 -0700 (MST)

>What are the groups habits/thoughts on using filters on Leica lenses.  Any
>special do's or dont's?

Last summer I was doing a project on dry-land farming (rye, millet, wheat,
etc.) and found that the Boulder skies were better rendered in B&W when I
used a Red25 filter. It has the effect of lightening red/brown while
darkening blues. Some days when the skies were partially cloudy I could pull
some really dramatic effects with this filter.

Other than that one, I don't own a single filter.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA