Subject: Re: R8 is ugly
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 97 15:57:39 -0800

Does "sub-par looking" make any sense considering the R8? It is probably a
good camera, but as usual, too expensive and too heavy. I'll never buy one
of those. Feel fine with my minimum photographic equipment, Contax TVS,
Rollei 35, Olympus Mju-2 and a Leica II in case...

I recently transformed an old wooden 4'x5' camera into a pin-hole system. I
made several plates with holes of different diameter. I got several focal
lengths for "nothing", no lenses, no problems. Amazing landscape pictures
though, wide angle with no distortion and an extreme DOF...

I have moved to the green Loire Valley, into a house from the 15th century.
Everything is nice, quiet and harmonious. A good base when I'm not around
reporting the disasters of northern imperialism. (don't make a thread about
it!). I'll shoot some nice landscapes here, if it's possible to "shoot" with
a pin-hole box. From time to time I'll write to the LUG, hoping that my
points of view could be tolerated and flame wars be avoided.

Regards,

Oddmund

Chinon, France