Subject: Re:Re: The Acid Test
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Feb 97 11:27:00 EST

"Frank Filippone" wrote:

<The decisive moment is based on eye-brain-finger-mechanical linkage timing.
<I remember the older photo mags used to publish articles on time from
<shutter push to shutter open.  Leica was of course #1.  THe lowest delay.
<Only recently have I seen these issues come up again in Canon and Nikon's
<top cameras.  I postulate that
<the electro-mechanical operation of electronically controlled cameras will
<be longer than the old Leicas....
<Has anyone tried testing the response time of their Leica M3 or M6 (or M6J
<super camera) versus, say a Nikon F4 or F5?
<The decisive moment could be sorely delayed....and missed with an
<electronic shuttered camera.
<I hope Leitz Gwermany is listening to this argument.... it is crucial.

I have never noticed a delay with the Minolta CLE .

Lucien