Subject: Re: Thoughts from a user
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 00:56:20 -0800

My favorite camera carrying bag for many years was a scruffy old gas mask
bag that I found at an army surplus for $4. A little closed cell foam and
it carried a body and three lenses, spare film, a couple of filters
easily and with minimal danger of damage to the contents. Never once drew
any attention at all, and the scruffy old Leica IIc or IIIc and my beat
up Nikon F which I used to carry in it never attracted any attention
other than "hey, that camera looks like a real piece of junk!" either.

So I bought the Leicas for $60 (for both!) with an Elmar 35mm and a
Summar 50mm, and Nikon I got new but already abused... they worked for
years and I used to wander Manhattan and the Bronx as a teenager with
this stuff, take a lot of pictures, and no one ever so much as looked at
me. I bet they'd target me immediately now even though I'm far more
careful to try to be unobtrusive.

Godfrey