Subject: Re: Konica Hexar
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 97 08:56:18 -0800

> My 35 Summicron had it's aperture ring stuck, and repair at Leica in Germany
> quoted me the dazzling cost of 90% of the cost of a new lens. I had it sent
> back to me without anything done.
>
> So now my only lens is the 50 Summicron, which has been the only thing that
> I have been living with since the days, weeks, months that my 35mm was
> having it's fun-filled holiday in Germany. So I was thinking of getting the
> Konica Hexar as opposed to a new 35mm. It's cheaper for one thing.

I would try other sources for repairing your Leica lens. A couple have
been mentioned already, you might also try:

 DAG Camera Repair
 Don  Goldberg
 2451 Thatcher Lane
 McFarland, WI  53558
 USA
 Tel: 608-838-4769

Excellent work and very competitively priced.

In the meanwhile, the Hexar is a fine camera. It has a great lens and is
extraordinarily quiet. Having more than one camera is often a boon as you
can have two different kinds of film loaded and ready to use.

Godfrey