Subject: phenomenal results
From: rlocurto@pccsite.com (Ruth Locurto)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 01:55:40 -0800

I don't totaly agree: The first thing I think about when I compare
different cameras is the 'look' (on picture) of the lenses and Leica
lenses have a look different than other good quality cameras.

In my mind the second attractive thing about Leica M's is their
mechanical precision and durability, being able to buy an M-6 is like
Nikon offering an improved F with a modern meter. Mechanical cameras are
MUCH easier to keep up and running.

Thirdly, Leica M's are tiny compared to modern giants like the Contax
RTSIII and Nikon F5. It is much more practical to carry a small
rangefinder than an enormous 3kilo slr.

Forthly Leica more so than any other 35mm company concentrates on the
maximum quality market - think how many books are available on advanced
technique with the Leica vs the other admittedly good cameras out there.

Also, Leicas are nearly silent in operation, with a focusing system that
is much better than manually focusing slr's, especially with wide
angles. And some AF slr's are very obtrusive with their focusing noise.

And on and on: Leica represents a unique approach to maximum quality
photography which allows the photographer to bond with the tool like no
other camera.

Just my opinion, Mark