Subject: Re:Re: Germany Camera Store Reference
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Feb 97 13:25:06 EST

Roger Beamon wrote:

Not off topic at all, Frank. I, too, saw their website and would be
interested in their reputation by anyone that has done business with
them. I hope they'll post on the list.

> Foto Hobby Modern & Antique
> Rossmarkt 23
> 60311 Frankfurt/M
> Germany

I have mixed feeling about that store.(I've been there 3 times)

There are very expensive, it is almost impossible to make a "win win" deal with
them.(It will be very difficult (say impossible) to sell to somebody else at 75%
of the price-with taxes-you will pay there.)
But You can find there, very rare stuff from time to time (prototype, army etc)
that you will seldom see elsewhere.

But what I don't like is to find there like new M3, M4, M4 black paint and M5
who looks like they have been made yesterday  or rebuild totally at the
factory(ex: M3 new with M4 back plate, M4 speed wheel etc..for 4.000 DM plus
taxes) that's around 3.000 US for something not original in my eyes.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope that somebody else will give us other references

Lucien

(I will certainly go back there the next time I will go to Frankfurt, just for
the fun of it)