Subject: Re: Doubt on state of my used M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:07:10 -0700 (MST)

>With alacrity, Nicolas Levinton wrote:
><snip>
>
>> Clearly identifiable I can see: the metering lens, the metering
>> white circle, and 5 screws two of which are cross-shaped (+). Of
>> this two screws, there is one that is bigger than the other and not
>> black, but dark grey. Well, to the sides of this screw, there are
>> quite noticeable rests of dark black glue!!

Nicolas - don't worry. It is glue and it's supposed to be there. It's in
mine and it looks to be a seal applied to one of the adjustment screws by
the factory. If you look around inside the M6 you'll find several places
wher this has been done. I suspect that it's some sort of antivibration
thing to prevent things from moving once they are set in their proper place.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA