Subject: Could the M6J be the preproduction run of the M7 ?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:05:55 -0800

Let's see if I have the definition of the M6J correct:

Basic M6
1:1 Viewfinder with 35 ->135MM Frame lines.  ( 35,50,75,90,135 (?) )
Quieted shutter and stronger cocking mechanism.... can someone define
better? Is there a repairman who has seen the guts or an expanded view and
can make comment?

Of Historical note only, and not adding to performance:
with 50MM Summicron (?) lens
Special branding and number sequence

Sounds like a fine user camera.  I would hope that Leica would be looking
at ways to improve the "perfect" camera.
Could the M6J be the first run of a new M7?