Subject: Re: Newsgroups & Stuff (Civil and uncivil)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 19:21:20 -0500

At 10:32 PM 16-02-97 +0000, Alex wrote:
>Brian Levy wrote:
>
>>The LUG has produced the least amount of civility... [snip]
>
>I think, Brian, you've confused lack of civility with robust debate.
>Personally I find (and have said so several times) that LUG is one of the
>most civilised groups on the Net. ... [more snips]

I agree.  If you think what went on in the LUG a while back was bad, you
should see what goes on in some of the rec.photo news groups.  There was
something going on concerning a complaint about one or more of the salesman
at a well known New York camera store that seemed downright disgusting (at
least as far as I could tell from reading the headers; I had no intention of
diving into that cesspool).  Someone had a bone to pick and for what seemed
like weeks it permeated several of the photo newsgroups.

Dan C.