Subject: Re: Takeup Spool and the Leicavit
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 20:15:58 -0800

Thanks to all for the Leica P/N as well as the advice on usefulness.
No, it may not be as quick as a M4.... but quicker than the alternative.
The traditional removeable spool does give one more confidence that the
film is loaded..... Don't I remember that the M3 has a central little
do-jiggey in the rewind knob that shows the film is moving?

And really, I liked mine a lot in the M3 of years past.

Everyone to their own, and again, thank you all for the discussion.  It was
great to see how many of you had experience with the rapid load spool.

Now about the Leicavit..... was it cool or was it a pain?  I never had one,
but it looked very useful.
Those with the Canon camera equivalent could offer valid opinions too.

Frank Filippone
red735i@worldnet.att.net