Subject: Re: should I keep the Leica?
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 14:08:16 -700

Though not a collector, the last thing that I would do is criticize
those who do collect. Folk collect things because they want to, and
that's good enough for me.

I do, though, criticize any firm that attempts to produce collectors'
items with forethought. It is seldom successful. If Leica just does
its thing, i.e. produce the best photographic products that they can,
the collectors will sort it all out and determine what is collectable
for whatever reasons. And that's the truth! Pfffoouuuttt! (Forgive
me, non-US readers. You had to be watching US television some years
ago for the last sentence and subsequent exclamation to make sense.)
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum