Subject: Re: Newsgroup (was: Bye!)
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:51:21 +0000

Greetings,

I've never posted to a newsgroup but I have logged on to read some
postings. The thing that struck my was the nastiness of many of the
postings. As I understand it, with a mailing list, someone can police
things and block entry by people who let their emotions control what
they type. Please correct me if I'm wrong but with a newsgroup, there
is no way to keep the hot heads out. (That's what I've been told.)

I am on 6 different mailing lists and there is virtually no
nastiness. It seems silly but I suspect that there are people out
there just waiting to insult you for prefering the IIIc to the IIIf!

I vote for e-mail!

Peter Jon White
Peter White Cycles
666 Mass Ave. Route 111