Subject: Coating on 90mm Elmarit
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 09:48:07 PST

     Hi,

      The other day I was talking to a Leicaphile who had a 90mm Elmarit
     for sale.  He had two of the 90 Elmarit whose serial numbers were
     18xxxxx and 25xxxxx.  He asked me if I knew about the single coating
     on the earlier lens and the multi-coating on the later lens.  He also
     showed me the two lenses.  The earlier one had purplish coating while
     the later one had amber coating.  I have never heard about the coating
     changes in any way so far.  Is there any one out there who knows about
     the story of the coating history on Leica lenses?

     Regards,

     David
     seungmin@luxcom.com