Subject: Re: Fw: CL vs M Lens Mount compatibility
From: "Brian Levy" <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:00:00 +0000

The CL in either Leica or Minolta guise has a Leica Mount and the
Minolta CLE has a Leica compatable mount. The CL had some lens
restrictions beceause of the swinging metering arm and the
rangefinder. The CLE didn't use the swinging arm, but still had the
viewfinder/rangefinder limitations.

>  Can someone point me to past discussions on the Leica CL lensmount
>  compatibility with M mount lenses.
> The subject of interest is the old story that Minolta cameras had a
> "different" mount than did Leica on the CL/CLE cameras.
>
> > Thank You
> > Frank Filippone

Brian Levy, J.D.
Scarborough Ont.