Subject: Re: FIE ON COLLECTORS!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 01:59:12 -0500

At 05:50 PM 2/1/97 -0500, Dan C. wrote:
>I think that some people are guilty of being collectors without even knowing
>it.  I can recall Marc Small claiming to use all of his equipment, implying
>that he is a user, yet he also claims to sell some of his cameras and/or
>lenses for more than he paid for it.  That appears to be a characteristic of
>a collector (the worst kind, for that is what is driving up prices)!

No!  Good heavens, collectors don't SELL!  I don't believe I've ever sold a
photographic item I've not used other than some Nikon stuff.  I'm too
curious about the way the gear works to pass up an opportunity to shoot with
it.  But once it becomes boring ... it gets sold!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!