Subject: Re: 85-90 M and SM lenses
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 97 20:02:51

In <m0vqTxm-001Z0mC@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>, on 01/31/97 at 08:09 PM,
   edwardk9@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Edward Kowaleski) said:

>I have only casually been reading the thread on the 85 and 105 mm Nikon
>lenses because I thought that they were only used on Nikon cameras.  Now
>the  light has dawned on me that such acronyms as TLM (or TML) probably
>refer  to some way a Nikon 85 or 105 mm (screw-mount? bayonet-mount?)
>lens can  be used within the Leica M system.  Is this correct?  How is
>the Leica  rangefinder cam engaged?  I would appreciate hearing from
>anyone who has  successfully mounted a Nikon 105mm lens to an M body with
>full  rangefinder functionality. How does one do this?

>In one of the threads, someone said that there were quite a few of these
>in Europe.  I do not recall seeing any here in the US.  Any info would be
> appreciated.  Thanks, Ed Kowaleski

Ed,

These lenses were made with the Leica Thread Mount (LTM) for sale to
owners of  Leica and Canon bodies.  To mount them on an M camera you just
attach the LTM to bayonet adaptor.  Framelines are a problem but some
'universal' finders can give accurate framing.

Best regards, Dennis

Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown