Subject: Re: COLLECTORS
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:47:38 -0800

>2). has anyone built a light box or have plans for a simple one? I havent a
>clue how much a real one costs, but I'll bet I could put one together with
>a few supplies from HQ.

Bob,

I threw a piece of plex on an upside down florescent two-tube light fixture
many years back and lots of space and cheap.

BUT:

The light intensity and color balance will not be "correct."  For that you
will have to spend a bit on a good box.  One option is the big cheapy above
and get a small calibrated box (even down to 4x5) to do final analysis.

One interesting thing is that ever once in a while I'll run into the lab on a
sunny day, look at snips on their light table for evaluation, order a bit of a
push, and then wonder why the final images are too light.  Now I wait for
my eye to adjust  to the lower light before I evaluate.

Donal Philby
San Diego