Subject: Re: Hologon 15mm Experience
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 07:50:22 -0800

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear Leica Users,
>
> I am considering the purchase of a Zeiss Hologon - wide angle now available
> for the Contax and then have it modified for my M6.  Has any one out there
> actually used this lens?  I would like to try one for a weekend but haven't
> asked my dealer for a loaner on a Contax.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Richard Clompus
> Pennsylvania, USA

The lens has had great test reviews in the magazines, although I
have no experience with it.

The cost of a conversion has been excessive,  more than the cost of a M6
body!

Unless you can get a great deal on the conversion, it would be much
cheaper, as well as more versatile, if you just kept a Contax body for
that lens.

Stephen Gandy