Subject: Re: Tripod advice
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 18:26:13 -0500

At 02:21 PM 1/27/97 -0700, Ben W Holmes, man of worth and intellect, wrote:

>Yes. There is a very nice (much better than the Leica item) table top tripod
>made by Bogen/Manfrotto. tHE MODEL NUMBER IS 3009. VERY compact, VERY
>sturdy.  Comes with a real ball head and is all metal. About $40.00

C'mon, Ben.  I've got 'em both.  The Bogen is nice, but hardly 'much better
than the Leica item'.  I REPLACED the Bogen one as my bag tripod once I
started scoring some of the Leica tripods.

Leica still markets the large ball head and tripod.  They are an extremely
rigid unit, though the ball head (alas! alack!) no longer sports the neat
reversible 1/4"/3/8" fitment it had in the '60's and '70's.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!