Subject: Re: R7 Promotion
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 11:02:03 -0500

I have to basically agree with Ben.  The 28-70 is not a great lens and
was introduced by Leica for price.  I do enjoy my second generation
35-70mm Vario Zoom realizing there are times particularly when
photographing family etc.that it is convenient to be able to frame the
subject in the viewfinder. I have a bunch of prime lense which are truly
in a class by themselves. I would buy the R7 new and consider buying the
35-70 Vario used. I would skip the 50mm and purchase a 28mm and 90mm esp
the Elmarit 2.8 which is so much lighter than the 90mm Summicron and
perhaps sharper. The R7 new is $1795 at most places including Tamarkin.
(Ask for ERIC and tell him Dr. Collura recommended you to him - he'll
take care of you and help with any Leica questions. There are NO pushy
selling tactics.)

Good Luck

Paul T. Collura M.D.
pcollura@epix.net