Subject: Re: Chris Fortunko On TV!
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 13:07:30 -0800

At 01:51 AM 1/12/97 -0700, you wrote: (inter alia)

>A TriX soup that will yield similiar results is:
>
>        TriX rated @ 200
>        Rodinal 1:25
>        5 1/2 min @ 68 deg.

	That's interesting, as it's an approach similar to what I use for HP5+
(expose at EI 250, develop in Rodinal 1:25 for 8 minutes @ 68F). I started
experimenting with this when I noted how much more contrasty my negatives
were when shot with Leica lenses, compared to the Nikon lenses I used to do
most of my shooting with. The manufacturers' recommendations for developing
times are just that --- Rodinal seems to behave very differently in
different kinds of water, too. In fact, looking at the negatives I've
processed since the water heater in my apartment did a melt-down (and had
to be replaced), I may have to do some more development tests to account
for the "new" water source.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.