Subject: Re: The Leica of... Questars.... off-topic
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 12:16:56 -0600

At 09:19 1997-01-11 -0400, Fred wrote:

>The thread that produced so many references to Questar has prompted me
>to comment on my experience with this catadioptic telescope.
>
>I sent the entire rig back for a full refund and have never seen nor
>touched another Questar. If they are not in bankruptcy, they should be.

Fred,

That is quite interesting.  I noticed when I had one that it was slow, but
never imagined it was that slow.  I used it mostly for visual observation on
car trips.  Nice and compact and I thought high qualtiy.  I remember that
the story went around that they threw out two of every three mirrors and
lens due to not meeting their qualtiy control!!

Always wished I could get one of their rejects.

Always learn something new on LUG.

Thanks,
 Dick Hemingway
 Norman, OK