Subject: Re: M6 Meter Woes?
From: Mark Bergman <BMWR100R@mwci.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:46:23 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> I vaguely recall that early M6's did have an electronics problem of some sort but I don't believe it was serious.  I do know that M6's serviced by Leica have their electronics upgraded to current production standards.

The first few years of production (I can't recall the serial number but
Leitz repair probably would) the light meter was from a British Firm and
had a very high repair rate.  Leica replaced most of these under
warranty.  If you trade your early M6 in to a knowledgable dealer he is
going to give you less if you fall under a certain serial number.